MIT Academy of Engineering
- • MIT Academy of Engineering (MITAOE), Alandi, Pune, was established in 1999 under MAEER by the honorable Prof. Dr. Vishwanath D. Karad, Founder and Executive President of MIT Group.
- • The institute offers seven UG programs (B.Tech) and three PG programs (M.Tech). Recently, the UGC has honored the institute with ‘Academic Autonomy’ considering the quality of pedagogical practices, research, faculty and the state-of-the-art infrastructure that meets global standards.
- • The NBA Accreditation to all branches, ‘A’ Grade by NAAC and the 2(F) & 12(B) status from the UGC, are the testimony to our pursuit of excellence.
Affiliations & Accreditations, Awards and Salient Features
• An autonomous institute affiliated to the Savitribai Phule Pune University (SPPU), Pune.
• Approved by the All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE), Government of India.
• Accredited by the National Assessment and Accreditation Council (NAAC) with ‘A’ Grade.
• Accredited by the National Board of Accreditation (NBA), AICTE, New Delhi.
• University of Pune has awarded MITAOE as ‘Best Engineering College (Professional Courses) in 2014
• National Recognition by UGC, New Delhi for receiving grants under all UGC schemes for faculties & students to promote, stimulates and strengthen research activities.
• One of the first few Engineering colleges under University of Pune to be awarded with ISO 9001: 2000 Certificate. Currently we are an ISO 9001: 2015 certified institute.
• Student – Teacher ratio is 12 : 1.
• Student – Computer ratio is 3 : 1.
MITAOE as an Autonomous Institute
• MITAOE is only the third institute in Pune which has been bestowed with ‘academic autonomy’ by the University Grants Commission (UGC).
• Academic autonomy is granted only to those institutes that are accredited by NAAC with ‘A’ grade and are also accredited by NBA for all programs.
• Besides, the institute should also have the 2(F) & 12(B) status of the UGC.